You'll receive a hard copy, high-level seminar synopsis to share with your colleagues back home summarizing this program's key takeaways and action items.
Knowledge Helps Raise the Bar
As the pressure from credit union regulators mounts, you need to understand how to execute your fiduciary responsibilities, and ask the substantive questions that help protect your credit union members’ interests.
Overall, the board of directors needs to become a strategic asset to the credit union. In today’s changing environment that means competent board members, effective processes, keen risk assessment, and a strategic mindset
Explore what it takes to be a knowledgeable director as you learn about:
- How the credit union domain is changing, and how these changes impact governance
- Why board makeup is crucial, including how to recruit for a stronger board and managing turnover
- The latest in fiduciary oversight
- Constructive partnerships between the board and CEO
- CEO evaluation and board self-assessments
- How to make the most of valuable face-to-face meeting time
- Increasing strategic focus
- Developing a back-at-home plan, including preparing for challenges to change
What to expect:
- A 2 ½ day look at high performance governance practices.
- Networking on the challenges and successes of your board
- Open dialogue with ample opportunity to ask questions to get to your learning interests
- Challenge assumption and stretch your thinking
- Practical, not theoretical. Focus on “How can we make this work?”
Register soon! Rates increase $400 after July 27, 2018.
Who Should Attend?
This event is ideal for:
- Board chairs and officers
- New directors
- Supervisory committee members
This is also an excellent opportunity to plan a full-board retreat! Contact CUES and we’ll help you arrange meeting space before or after the seminar.
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prior to 60 days – full refund
- 31-60 days before start of event – 50% refund
- 0-30 days before start of event – no refund
Substitute attendees are welcome, subject to eligibility. CUES reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event due to unforeseen circumstances, and will refund fees if the event is rescheduled or location is changed and you are unable to attend.
Attendees can earn continuing professional education credits. This conference meets the following standards:
- Earn up to 20 CPE Credits (number subject to change
- Program level: overview
- Delivery method: group-live
- Preparation: no advance preparation is required
- Prerequisites: not required for this program
- Field of Study: business management and organization
Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, through its website www.nasbaregistry.org.